Mike Francis left the corporate life as an industrial engineer for Boeing Company in Seattle to engineer some industry of his own. After receiving an associate's degree in Brewing Technology from Chicago's Siebel Institute of Technology, followed by a stint at Schooner Exact Brewing in Seattle, Mike headed to his home turf of Boise in 2010 to establish Payette Brewing Company.
Living up to our Name
We chose the name Payette because it fits the way we live and work. Francois Payette was a French Canadian trapper whose name and memory is enshrined among numerous Idaho landmarks. The name has since become synonymous with an adventurous spirit that pervades Idaho's year-round outdoor lifestyle.
We opened the doors to our second brewing facility in June of 2016, located in Downtown Boise along the Boise River. We currently offer six year-round beers in cans and on tap, seasonal releases and various beers in our rotating bottle series. Visit our beer page for more information. In 2012, we made Idaho brewing history when we introduced Payette Pale Ale and Mutton Buster as the first craft beer cans from the Gem State. You can find our beer in bars, restaurants, and retail locations including grocery and specialty stores throughout Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming and Montana.
When it comes to making uncompromising, awesome beer, we go against the grain. We are passionate, rebellious, beer pioneers. We stick to our guns and venture down the road less traveled to make the best beer in the west. This isn’t just our livelihood, it’s our life and we've tapped into something good.
Our mission is to continually brew awesome beers while building a culture that connects, educates, makes a difference and champions the craft brew industry to our consumers, community and partners.
- We’re here for the beer. It’s all starts with quality and consistency in our process and products.
- We have a responsibility to our local community. We support our roots. Payette Forward allows us to give back through community organizations and events.
- Making beer is a labor of true love and we work harder than anyone. But it’s the after hours skiing, hiking, camping and kayaking that recharge and inspire us.
- We are advocates and authorities in the craft brew industry and we look to promote it and educate others whenever possible.
- We believe in sustaining partnerships with suppliers, vendors and organizations that share similar values.